PandABox is the next generation Position and Acquisition processing instrument developed in collaboration between Diamond and Soleil.
PandABox’s main hardware capabilities are listed as:
- Gigabit ethernet connectivity for control systems integration and high-speed data acquisition.
- Capable Zynq-7030 SoC device for significant improvement of existing processing, programmable functionality and tighter system integration.
- 16-Channel TTL and 4-Channel LVDS I/Os for synchronous triggering and clocking with higher timing resolution.
- 4-Channels of encoder interface I/Os, supporting a wider range of protocols.
- 3-Channels of SFP Gigabit Transceiver interface for possible applications including IpBus, Timing System, or custom high-speed serial connectivity.
- A fully compliant Low-Pin Count FMC slot for interfacing to analog and digital off-the-shelf boards or custom I/O modules.
PandABox integrates required Linux kernel drivers and TCP-server software providing a socket-based interface to configure and controls its operation. An open source areaDetector driver is available for integrating the data stream into an EPICS control system.
PandABox System Integration:
Each unit will compose of following electronics modules mechanically assembled into a 1U chassis:
- Main carrier PCB board
- Front panel PCB board
- 4x Encoder Daughter Modules
- Avnet Picozed-7030 Zynq SoC Module
You can find the hardware manual here.